Headaches seem to be almost a daily part of life for some people. It may surprise you to find that there is an incredible range of causes for these headaches. We’re going to look briefly at 9 types of headaches people get. Some of the headache causes may surprise you. Then we will consider a natural means of getting help for headaches.
9 Common Headache Causes
- Caffeine – Caffeine can cause headaches for a number of reasons including overdose, withdrawal, or an allergy.
- Dental Issues – Whether your trigeminal nerve is coping with a toothache, a jaw, problem, or some other dental issue, the result can be muscle clenching and headaches.
- Sleeping Wrong – If you wake up with a headache, you may have slept in a position that caused it.
- Sinuses – Inflamed sinuses or an infection can cause a headache.
- Cold – You probably call it an ice cream headache, but any cold stimulus can cause this type of pain
- Menstrual Cycle – Women may get headaches as hormone levels fluctuate.
- Sex – Sometimes people experience head and neck pain during sexual arousal. In these cases, a severe headache may occur at orgasm.
- Pain Medication – Also called a rebound headache, these headaches occur when pain medication is taken too frequently creating a vicious cycle.
- Sleeping In – Sometimes trying to catch up on sleep over the weekend can result in a headache, especially if you sleep through breakfast and your blood sugar levels drop.
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and migraines and other headaches download our complimentary e-book Natural and Drug-Free Ways to End Your Migraines below.
How Upper Cervical Chiropractic Helps
In many of the cases noted above, neck pain is common with a headache. Even if neck pain is not present, a misalignment of the upper cervical spine may still be to blame for headaches. If you are experiencing frequent headaches, especially if you have experienced any kind of head or neck trauma in the past, upper cervical chiropractic may be able to provide you with some natural benefits.
To schedule a complimentary consultation with the Besso clinic call (330) 689-1234 or just click the button below.